As of 1998, this building still served as New Providence’s Borough Hall, but according to the sign out front, it’s now used by Lassus Wherley & Associates, P.C. (Wealth Management).
The building is formally known as “The Academy.” (The street adjacent to it is even called “Academy Street” nowadays!) Below is a photo of the building when it was still a school (c. 1890-1910?).
Here’s what Images of America has to say about it:
The Academy, built in 1869, served as a school until Lincoln School was built in 1917. The two wings are additions. It was sold for $1 to the Borough, and became our Borough Hall.
And hey, check it out—the Summit Playhouse, about 2 miles down the road, was leased from the Library Association for $1 per year, too!
Vintage photos and information from:
Gonczlik, J. & Coddington, J. (1998). Images of America: New Providence. Arcadia Publishing: Charleston, SC.